Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Illusionary Choices in Games

Work is tough but good, I basically read and research all day. I'm drained by the end of it all so I may be slipping off in terms of reading websites and commenting on blogs. All things considered, maybe that's for the best. Regular Tuesday postings will continue along with several of the side projects I mentioned that I'll get written over the weekends when I'm not working.

This piece is a strange combination of philosophy and legal principles, but it's basically just a collection of different false choices. How you fake them, what makes them fake, and why they are not considered real decisions. With all the chatter we do about choices in games, I figured this would be an interesting topic.

It might irritate you to find out how many choices in games are, technically, not choices at all.

No comments: