Monday, June 22, 2009

Wallace & Gromit in Fright of the Bumblebees

One of the things I most appreciate about TellTale is how their games always have a sense of rhythm. The challenge of the puzzles is paced with the narrative so that by the end, when you're ready to wrap it up, the game makes this easy to do. Everything follows a logical process and failing that, the hint system always kicks in at just the right time with just enough of a tip without giving it away.

Their take on Wallace & Gromit pretty much hits the nail on the head. It looks and plays like an episode of the show that puts me right into their perspective. Although other reviews seem to want to bitch about the game not making them breakfast in the morning and doing their taxes, I keep thinking of the same thing I said in my Sam & Max Season 1 review.

It's an adventure game, it's okay for it to be different.

No comments: